Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake with Strawberries
- 250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 15-20 strawberries, tops trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 20cm round springform pan.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water).
- Place butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar in a bowl, beat with electric beater until pale and thick. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well between each. Add melted chocolate and flour. Mix well until combined.
- Spread two thirds of the chocolate mixture in the pan. Set the remaining aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup sugar. Beat with electric beater until smooth and creamy. Add the remaining 2 eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Drop dollops of cream cheese mixture randomly in the pan. Alternate with dollops of chocolate mixture until all the batter is gone. Using a fork, gently swirl and smooth the top layer to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes until the centre is just set. Cool completely in the pan, then decorate with trimmed strawberries.
- Cover with plastic wrap or place in airtight container and chill for at least 5 hours. Remove from fridge at least 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!