sweet cinnamon stewed pork and eggs(khai pa lo)
what do you always do when have free time? for me…i do cooking.when i was young, i always followed my mom to the market and enjoyed shopping for meal preparation. this stewed eggs is one of very first menu i practiced it might be unusual (for someone who is not used to Thai foods) as slightly spicy of cinnamon and five spices taste…
9 Boiled eggs
500g of streaky pork
18 pieces of Fried Tofu
1-2 bars of Cinnamon
1 tbsp of five spices
2 cloves Garlic
2 tsp whole peppercorn
1 1/2tbsp of salt
8 tbsp thin soy sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
10 tbsp palm sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
6-8 cups of water
1. boil eggs on high heat about 10 minutes or until cook, then remove the eggs from shells.
2. wash streaky pork, pat dry, and cut into 2” lenghts
3. well pound garlic with whole peppercorn in a mortar.
4. heat oil in a wok on medium heat, add pounded garlic and peppercorn, fry until fragrant.
5. season with five spices and dark soy sauce. add palm sugar and stir well
6. add streaky pork and salt. fry until the pork is getting cook. then add boiled eggs,tofu and water.
bring to boil, add thin soy sauce, and simmer for 45 minutes. stir until dissolve.
6. serve warm in a bowl with steamed rice.
- it is better to leave this to rest overnight for the cinnamon and five spices fragrance to infuse throughout the eggs.- able to use chicken or beef instead of pork or just tofu